Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hey Jude




Meet Jude - the newest member of the family.

Ok, I know what your thinking - are you guys crazy getting a puppy? 

But, you have to hear the story. I am always on the lookout to rescue golden retrievers. We found Quita for free and she has been the best dog. Last year, I found Ginger who had been dumped in the country with a litter of puppies - and after a few weeks she went to live with one of Titus' therapist - and she has been a delight for her.

So, this week, when I saw a notice for a free AKC Golden Retriever 8-week old puppy who was blind in one eye . . . well, I knew it was meant for us (especially the free part). I drove out to pick him up and then drove home. I called Becky and asked her to meet me in the front yard (yes - I did all of this without telling my wife). Becky took one look at him and fell in love. 

He is quite docile and Quita is doing great with him. Last night, I was watching a movie in the media room and both dogs were with me on the sofa, curled up together asleep. As you can tell from the picture, he's 1/2 the size of Tucker and weighs almost as much as Tucker. Right now, he's on a very strict feed, wake, sleep schedule, with very limited freedoms around the house (some of you will understand that reference and some of you won't - but we've learned, if it works with the kids, it works with the dog). If he's not in his crate, he is on a leash next to our side. Jude and Titus are getting to know each other, but right now, Jude thinks Titus is a squishy chew toy, so they aren't spending too much time together. But Titus loves to run his hands over his fur.

I'll write more later - Aidan left this morning for Belize for his mission trip.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are a very, very lucky man to have a wife like Becky!! (and yes, I think you are CRAZY for getting a puppy!)

I know Jude will bring you much joy. They really are the best dogs! Enjoy

To God be the glory... said...

Growing Dogs God's way :)