Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Update on Titus

Titus went to the doctor on Monday for a follow-up on his ear infection. His ears are clear of infection and there is no fluid buildup behind his left ear. Just by the way he was acting, we felt the antibiotics had cleared everything up, but it was good to have it confirmed.

With Titus, we have learned it's the very small things that are the victories in his life. The smile of recognition of a toy, the way he reaches out to touch me or leans over when I sit down next to him, the way he chuckles when placed in his bed, the open hand that reaches out to explore instead of a closed fist.

And I am reminded that's the slow and steady of repetition and therapy that mark the improvements we see. I was reminded of this verse today during some other discussions and it's very apropos for today.

Habakukk 2:3 (New Living Translation)
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

I do have a vision that one day Titus will be able to sit unassisted, but it won't be this week, this month, and maybe not even this year. But I do have a vision.
 
I have a vision that one day he will use a walker to enable him some movement. He is working very hard at it and it will take a lot more work and stamina and patience, but I do believe.
 
And I have a vision that one day in eternity, I will see my son walking and dancing and singing and seeing all the glorious colors of heaven. As hard as it is to see my son trapped in the constraints of his earthly body, I know it's only temporary in the light of eternity.

2 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

I love when I see "The Life of Titus" in my email inbox! You inspire us!

Life Without Charlie said...

I feel that Titus, Becky, and the whole family minister to me every week when I get to see them. Your words are so inspiring and reminds me again why I am so blessed to be in my profession. What an amazingly sweet son you have!
-Joy Covarrubias