Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Speedy Recovery

As mentioned yesterday, Becky and Titus flew to Houston yesterday afternoon. Dr. Feldman immediately saw them upon arrival, checked Titus into the hospital within the next hour and surgery commenced immediately. Titus was out of surgery at 11:00pm.

I just got off the phone with Becky after Dr. Feldman stopped by to review his progress. He is extremely pleased with how the surgery went and how Titus is responding. His eyes look good and they will follow-up with another visit next week.

Titus was pretty dehydrated by the time they got him to surgery last night, so they pumped him full of fluids in addition to the anesthesia. Going into surgery, Titus has had some drainage from a cold although it has not gone into his lungs/chest. But, he is full of fluids and that's hampering his breathing a bit. He continues to improve each hour and as I remind Becky, it's not even been 24 hours since he had a 3 hour surgery. So, as soon as they feel comfortable with his breathing, they will release him from the hospital, which we suspect will be tomorow. Becky and Titus will travel back to Houston next week for a follow-up.

Our sweet friend, Anne Marie sent us this verse this morning - and how appropriate it is.
Isaiah 58:8-9
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your recovery will speedily spring forth; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

It is absolutely amazing to think that Becky received a call at 10am yesterday saying a doctor in Houston could see us if we could get there that afternoon, and less than 12 hours later, not only had the doctor seen us, but he had Titus in surgery - talk about "speedily springing forth recovery". God knew and had the perfect surgeon picked out for Titus - one that was willing to start a 3 hour surgery at 8pm. This surgeon is also leaving town on Thursday to go to a conference, and is seeing 55 patients today, and yet he found time for Titus.

I thank God that He works in the details.
I thank God that He is in the business of speedy recovery.
I thank God that He has my back (he's my rear guard).
I thank God that He answers when I cry out for help.
I thank God for friends who love us, encourage us, and lift us up in prayer.
I thank God for a surgeon, Dr. Feldman, who was willing to work way into the night to help my son - I am so humbled by his commitment.

Pleas pray for the following:
  • Continued healing and strength for Titus - especially his breathing
  • Rest for Becky and her mom - they need some sleep before they attempt to drive home from Houston
  • Comfort and peace for the boys: Aidan and Noah are in Houston with Becky (staying at the K's), Tucker and Cade are in town (staying with the D's - and being spoiled rotten I'm sure).

No comments: