Sunday, April 19, 2009

30 Years

I attended my 30 year High School Reunion this weekend. (yes - I really am THAT old!) I haven't been back to Premont where I grew up in 15 years, so it was very nostalgic to drive through the small town where I grew up. The house I grew up in is For Sale but is exactly how I remember it.

It was bit surreal to walk in the room and see my classmates - some I haven't seen since our night of graduation. I will say, that even though 30 years have passed, I would have recognized some of them anywhere - they haven't changed a bit. It was funny to hear them share their stories of their grown kids and grandkids, then ask how many I have, only to see their eyes pop to hear I have 5 boys with the youngest being 18 months old.

I realized, many of my classmates, I went to school with all 12 years. We were sharing stories about being in 3re and 4th grade together (Remember the time Greg threw up on Lana and Lino looked at it, and then Lino threw up - and then the whole class started gagging!) Good times, Good times.

So, to my classmates - stay in touch and may the next 30 years be as kind as the last 30 have been.

No comments: