Saturday, November 21, 2009

Naming of the Fish

Tucker ran errands with me this morning. And since we had to purchase some RO Water at the Fish store, we couldn't come home without buying a new fish for the fish tank. Since the beautiful Bicolor Angel I purchased last week was eaten by the eel this week (very expensive appetite that eel has), I decided to go for the much cheaper fish today.

Tuck picked out 3 green chromis and then cheered the guy on as he was trying to catch them. At one point, Tucker looked at me and said "Dad, he's too slow". To which I said, "No son, the fish are really fast."

As we are driving home, Tucker announces he has named the fish. So, I asked him, "What are their names?"

"Isaac, Mo, and John the Baptist!"

Great - I sure hope my son is not confused Biblical Characters andthe 3 Stooges. Isaac and Mo have adapted quite quickly to their new home, but John the Baptist is hiding in the corner. I'm not sure how to communicate to him that living low in the tank may prove too tantalizing for the eel. I guess we'll find out in the morning.

No comments: