Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Resting (and other topics)

Titus came home on Sunday afternoon - and while he is so glad to be home in a familiar surrounding, he's still got pneumonia and still sick. He requires a lot of deep suctioning throughout the day (something that he intensely dislikes), but he always calms down quickly as soon as it's over.

We are watching him very, very carefully to assure he remains stable and calm. He won't be returning to school until we know he is back to 100%.

As usual, when Titus is in the hospital, we all settle into our "hospital routine." But for some reason, over the last few years, I have developed an inability to sleep at home when Titus/Becky are at the hospital. This means, I am watching moview, reading books, and only getting 3-4 hours of sleep at night. Last Saturday night was one of those nights.

But, Sunday morning, Aidan, Noah, and I needed to be at church for an 8am meeting for our upcoming mission trip to Honduras. Punctuality is key to these meetings (for those who have been on a Youth FBC McKinney mission trip - you know exactly what I mean). As Noah, Aidan and I practiced our spanish, we keep getting tickled since one of my boys has a propensity of messing up Jorge and Jesus. I assure him that JorgeCristo will mean nothing to the Hondurans.

All through the meeting and Sunday School, I am struggling to stay coherent and awake (although I'm not entirely sure I was coherent on my words). But once church started, the caffiene had kicked in and I was ready for a great time of worship. Pastor Lee brought an incredible sermon on the end times and the "crowns" awaiting those believers. As I sit between Tucker and Cade, my heart is full with the incredible sense of worship.

As the service was ending and Pastor Lee was beginning to pray, I closed my eyes deep in prayer only to be startled with the what happened next.

<>

My eyes open, and Tucker looks at me with that grin - which then breaks into a smile - which is leading to a laugh. Meanwhile, the pastor is still praying, Noah's shoulders are shaking, and as I look around, I see those sitting around me stifling the laughter through the prayer.

Tucker whispers (quite loudly) "I couldn't help it - it just came out".

And while I believe spontaneous praise should burst out during worship, I'm not convinced that burping falls into that category. So, to my incredible pastor, church, and those sitting around us on on the 3rd row, I offer my deepest apologies for the disturbance (and smell) of Tucker's burp duing the most sensitive time of the service. All I can say is - we are working on it.

No comments: