Monday, March 5, 2012

Countdown to AWOL: Honduras

In 5 days, Aidan, Noah, and I (along with 68 other youth/adults) will head out to Honduras for FBC McKinney's AWOL (A Work of Love) spring break mission trip. We are all very excited about next week and all that God has in store for us. We are each on different teams - I have 7 teens in my group (2 in high school and 5 in junior high) along with Deanna P who will be co-leading the group. At this point, we are prepared to share our testimony, share in schools about life in the USA and overall, be available to assist the church we are at with what they want us to do.

We covet your prayers during the week. Becky, Titus, Tucker, & Cade will enjoy spring break in town (although I hear that Tucker and Cade may take a small camping trip).

All I can say is - what a great way to spend Spring Break! And I have to add this on Aidan and Noah. When we decided to go, both boys came to us and told us they would pay for their trip. And they did. In fact, they worked, saved, and found ways to earn money and paid off their trip way before the final deadline of the last payment. I couldn't have been more proud of my boys and the ownership they took in earning their money for this trip.(I even asked them if they wanted to chip in and pay for some of their dad's trip - they told me I could find ways to earn the money if I put myself out there).

Titus has been doing great at school. Along with all of us, he's got allergies from all the spring in the air and wind blowing, but he's been healthy and happy while back at school.

Aidan and Noah also have their one-act plays this week for Enrichment (Aidan is in Tom Sawyer, Noah is in Charlotte's Web).

And my wonderfully active mom had a slight accident on Friday and fractured her wrist. She will be going to the orthopedic surgeon this week to find out if she needs surgery or casting. She's never had a broken bone before, but as I told her, Dad waited till he was 72 before he broke a bone, I waited till I was 32 before I broke my arm - we Daily's are just 'late in life' achievers when it comes to the broken bone department.

And last of all, Aidan is praying/preparing to go on the high-school mission trip to Africa this summer. This trip will cost a lot more than Honduras. As he told me, "don't worry dad, I have a plan". And I trust that he does - Aidan has full confidence he can earn $2500 over the next few months. And if you have any work for him, he would be glad to take it on. He can house sit, babysit, pet sit, mow lawns, clean out garages, etc. You can email him at aidandaily@gmail.com.

No comments: