Thursday, March 29, 2012

Improvement

I almost hate to blog this - but Titus has been fever free for over 12 hours (probably longer) and he is showing improvement. At this rate, he (and Becky) should be able to come home tomorrow (Friday). Which would be absolutely wonderful - we have a full weekend coming up.
  • Tucker has his first machine-pitch baseball game Friday night and Saturday morning. I think he has slept in his uniform all week getting ready for the game.
  • Aidan continues to line up jobs on the weekend as he is earning money for Africa Mission Trip this summer. I truly appreciate his strong work ethic and willingness to find ways to work for his trip. Becky and I would LOVE to go with him (Africa is on my bucket list), but it's not going to happen this year.
  • As melancholy as Noah is, I believe Noah has learned this week how much he misses everyone being around the house. I anticipate Noah spending a lot of time playing with Tucker and Cade, watching over Titus, and just being in the room with his mom.
  • And much like Noah, Quita (the golden) has really missed everyone in the house. Everynight I come home, she has been hyper - even though she has been home with Noah all day. Well - not everynight. Last night she was hiding from me when I got home at 9:30 pm. And then I found out she had eaten the remaining blueberry pie that I was dreaming about all day. This week, I found her in Titus' room in Titus bed - she can't be a guard dog without her little boy to protect.


As for me and Becky, we can't wait to have all our boys back under one roof and Becky and I can be in our own bed. When Titus is in the hospital and Becky is gone, I can't sleep - and I have stayed up way too late everynight this week and watched way too many movies. And Becky has slept in a hospital bed, gently interupted by nurses every 3 hours that come in to check on Titus.

Becky so appreciates all the prayers, phone calls, and FB posts yesterday for her birthday. That will be the other thing we get to do this weekend - celebrate her birthday.

No comments: