Friday, April 20, 2012

Walk For Water

Tucker, Cade, and I are Team Daily Boys as we participate in Walk for Water on April 29. Our goal as a church is to raise $5,000 to build a water well at the Hosetta School in Sierra Leone, Africa where our friends, the Brockelmans, serve.

Please watch this short video as Tucker explains it to you - (and for those of you getting this through the email, you may to click on the blog site to watch - http://www.thelifeoftitus.blogspot.com/)


This is a topic that is really close to my heart. We've been talking about Africa a lot lately. Some of you know that Aidan is working to earn money for his mission trip to South Africa this summer (and he's still available for work). After reading "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns, I have continually been convicted by the amount of resources that we have that we take for granted.

I have water at my fingertips. I have a pantry full of food, I have 2 refrigerators AND a freezer that are full. I have a cars for transportation. I have a job that more than supplies our needs. I have a home that is safe to live in and each of my children sleep in their own room. I am blessed beyond what I deserve - we all are. And yet, there are tremendous needs all around us. We just need to open our eyes to the need, open our heart to be used, find an opportunity that we can put our gifts to use on, and yes, open our wallets.

I cannot imagine a world where children have to walk miles to fetch water and to bring back home. And not just one trip, but multiple trips a day. But this is a reality for 10,000+ children every day.

And because they are busy carrying water, they cannot attend school.

And if they are not able to attend school, they cannot break out of the cycle of poverty.

Clean water for a village not only improves health, but can change a generational cycle of poverty.

So, this is a just a drop in the bucket. But I as I told Tucker and Cade, some day, I want to take them to Africa to see this well - and let them see what they helped build by walking 2 miles on Spring day in McKinney, TX.


If you want to help Team Daily Boys - contact me and I'll send you the address. And pray for us as we Walk for Water.

No comments: