Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's Quiet - Very, Very Quiet

Aidan and Noah are at Journey Camp with the church this week and Tucker and Cade went camping with Meemaw and Peepaw. Let's just say - it's very, very quiet around here!!!! And to top it off, Titus slept all night last night - so Becky and I feel . . . well, we don't know how we feel. We're rested, but it's just plain weird without all our boys here and eerily quiet.

Our nephew, Nathan, is at camp as a sponsor with Aidan and Noah. He called yesterday to say everyone was having a great time. Their cabin won the clean award the first day and Aidan swept the entire cabin. We will definitely remember that he has that skill when he comes home. And Noah's team one the spirit award the first day. For some reason, I don't think it's nearly as quiet at camp as it is at home.

But, it's a good reminder that we all need to be quiet sometime. As Psalms says "Be still and know that I am God". It's odd how I can so easily get use to the noise of everyday. Between the hours of 7am and 8pm, it's rarely quiet in the house. Someone is talking, laughing, crying, teasing, whining, singing, etc. I find it easy to either tune in or tune out with the noise. But noise can fill such a void in our life that we block out other things that we need to do. And, you would think that I would appreciate a quiet drive into work, but those that know me, know that the radio is on full blast and I'm probably singing at the top of my lungs on the drive. But, it's good to be still, and it's good to be quiet. So for this week, I'm turning down the radio, turning off the tv, and enjoying the quiet. Because I know it's in the quiet that I can hear God's voice.

We pray you can find some quiet in your life this week to be still.

BTW, Titus was fitted for hearing aids today - he should have them in a few weeks. Just one more step that needs to be done as we prepare for cochlear implants.

No comments: