Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Update

First of all, I've been swamped at work last week, so there were no times for updates. I apologize for that - but more about that later.

It's been a busy few weeks for the family. Titus is doing good - although he still has a wet cough. The pulmonologist checked him out this week and his lungs are clear, so it's basically just drainage. It could be allergies during this change of season. Fortunately, we have the suction machine and are quite adept at using it. Now, Titus doesn't like it very much, but it does clean him out. We do watch him carefully though since we don't want this to go down into his chest.

Titus is growing, but has not put on much weight. We have bumped up the amount of formula so we will see how he does with that. He does seem to show a renewed interest in the bottle. Some of that could be due to his teething, but he is even wrapping his hands around the bottle helping to hold it in, or pull it out.

Titus has gotten some new toys - and he's loving those, but his favorite toy is still my electric toothbrush. He loves the vibration and he definately shows his discontent when you turn it off or take it away from him.

Cade got his hearing aid last week for his right ear. He LOVES it - and goes around telling everyone and showing everyone. He is so excited about it that now Tucker wants one. We keep telling Tucker he doesn't need one, but I won't be surprised if I get home and Tucker has made one and will be walking around with play dough in his ear. BTW, if you see Cade, ask him about his upcoming birthday. He is so excited to turn 4 in October.

I haven't mentioned my work lately, but just a quick update on my status. The division I work for was sold to a private UK-based company in July. It has been extremely busy over the last few months as we have been learning the new company while keeping the business running. But, since the new company only bought a portion of the company and not the entire corporation, we have been incredibly busy creating a payroll system, HR system, benefits, etc. It's very much the analogy of building the car while you are driving it down the road. Or, as my VP states, we are ducks on the water - sitting calmly on the surface, but kicking/swimming like crazy under the surface. The great thing is my job is secure, the new company is great, and although very tiring, I'm having the most fun I've had in years learning new things.

I'll close for now, but just wanted to give a quick update - look for more over the next few weeks. We can't believe Titus is almost a year old.

No comments: