Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Becky's Surprise

As I mentioned earlier, Becky was away for the weekend. And, as I mentioned earlier, we sold our bed and bought a new king-size bed that was delivered last week.

So, knowing that Becky was going to be gone, I had planned to paint our bedroom and add some accessories over the weekend and surprise her when she came back. I've done this before (painting rooms while she's gone) but generally have given her a little hint so she wouldn't be too surprised. We've had paint chips taped to the wall for a week now and had picked a color that we both liked.


Friday night after Titus was asleep (9pm), Aidan and I started painting. Actually, Aidan watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2 while I painted, but he helped the next day. By the time I finished the first coat it was 2am. Those of you who know me know that for me to stay awake past 10pm is a miracle, but I drank a 16oz Monster energy drink at 8pm that night - so I was wired and ready to go. After I finished painting at 2am, I was still wide awake, so I started to watch Iron Man in the media room.


By 3am, I was starting to get sleepy. And that's when Titus' alarms started going off . . . every 15 minutes . . . for the next 3 hours. By that point, I was too tired to realize that the problem was with the machine and not his oxygen level. Needless to say, I was a little tired on Saturday, but Aidan was a great help in putting on a 2nd coat of paint. And, you can't even find the little bit of paint that I spilled on the carpet.

When Becky came in, she was feeling so sick that all she really noticed was the lamp. She really didn't notice the paint until several hours later. But, she loves her new room. Now, if we can just train Quita to stay off the bed we'll be doing good. And, next time she's gone, I'll be ready to paint the kitchen.

2 comments:

Sue Berk said...

Wow! I am impressed. I am a friend of Becky's and enjoy following your blog! I can't get by with that little sleep, never mind paint a room at the same time. The bedroom looks awesome!
Sue Berk

Dania Efird said...

WOW! I'm also really impressed! It looks great!