Sunday, October 12, 2008

Free Breakfast?

"Ikea has free breakfast on Saturday till 10:30" Becky says. "Let's take the boys".

Free - that sounds good. And, it's Saturday morning in Frisco - every body else will be at soccer games, football games, basketball games. I've been to IKEA at 10am on Saturday and no one was there.

"Sure, that will be fun - and I need to buy that table anyway."
And who really reads the ads in the paper to see that IKEA was giving away free breakfast, I thought.

So, you can imagine our surprise as we pulled into the parking lot with 5 starving children and two hungry parents to find that all of Frisco had showed up for the free breakfast, and the HUGE sale on pots and pans. I haven't seen a crowd like that since opening day at IKEA.

We looked at each other, looked at the line snaked around the entire second floor, and I said "Krispy Kreme is just around the corner".

At least the first donut at Krispy Kreme was free!

No comments: