Friday, January 23, 2009

Dad - Back in ICU

**UPDATE**
They did not perform a tracheotomy on Dad as listed below.

Below is an email from my Mom on my Dad's status. He has been out of the ICU and off the ventilator for several days and they were hoping to move to him a rehab facility this weekend.

I got a call at 4:30 AM that Nolon couldn't breathe, they put him back on the ventilator through a trach, and sent him back to ICU. Yesterday, while Patti was there, he had a breathing episode.

About 30 minutes later, the trauma doctor called and told me what happened. I asked her if the pnemonia was the cause that he could not breathe. She said that his lung x-ray looked better than when he was in ICU before. She said that they would have to start back at square one and run more tests.

Needless to say, this is so disheartening to all of us. Patti and Paul have barred me from going down today because of my bronchitis, Steve, Patti's husband, is going to go down. Paul is in meetings all day, but will get there when he can.I know that God has a plan and am trying to relax claiming his promise, "Trust me."

Clinging to his promises,
Lou

Please continue to lift Mom and Dad up in your prayers.

No comments: