Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Boy!


They say a picture speaks a thousand words! Here's my happy boy today right after we moved out of Pediatric ICU and up to the regular pediatric ward. He was all smiles and laughs between naps today. It's amazing how 24 hours of high-powered antibiotics can change a sick boy. He hasn't been this happy all week!

I went to the hospital after teaching Bible Study this morning, and Becky came home to catch a nap and see the big boys. Titus and I had a fun afternoon. And of course, it wouldn't be a normal day in the life of Daily without some poo. Let's just say, Titus waited until it was just me and him - and then had one major blow-out! (I do believe his mom whispered in his ear to wait until she was gone before the nuclear explosion.) How the boy got poo on his toes, I've yet to figure out, but we had to change all the bedding, all the clothes and disinfect the bouncy chair.

Titus has learned a few new tricks that he was showing me today. He now sucks in his top lip and then smacks it out. And while in the bouncy chair, he will grab the top bar, and start to pull him self up. It's amazing the trunk and neck control he has while doing it. It's like he was doing ab crunches while sitting there. My little man - his strength continues to amaze me.

Thank you so much for the prayers. We anticipate coming home tomorrow if all continues to go well.

1 comment:

Dania Efird said...

So glad to hear that he's feeling better! We'll keep praying so that he does get to come home soon!