Friday, September 25, 2009

A Good Night

What a crazy day. Before we knew that Titus had the flu, we had planned to take the boys for their flu shot. Since Becky was busy taking Titus to the doctor and then for bloodwork and x-rays yesterday, I met up with Nana and took the boys for their shots (and got mine also - along with a prescription for Tamiflu for Becky and I). The boys were brave getting their shots, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why they want to watch a shot being given. But for some reason that only 5 yr olds understand, it just fascinates them (until it's their turn).

After shots, I took them out to my parents to spend the evening, went to the pharmacy, then the bank, then to get a haircut. By the time I got home, Becky was whipped. Titus had been restless, but finally relaxed and rested for a few hours. We put him to sleep in our bed last night, and he slept all night - no de-sats, no crying, no fussing. We are praying today the Tamiflu kicks in for him and he will begin to feel better. Most of the doctors are stating that the cases they have seen are mild and lasting around 5 days - and today would be day 3. Our prayer is that we can manage him at home without having to take him to the ER or hospital. Thanks for all the prayers and support.

No comments: