Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Letter


Being that it's December 22, the chances of getting Christmas cards out before the holiday are non-existent. . . so, we will go the virtual option this year (realizing that it's not going to hit everyone who sends us cards - and therefore will probably reduce the number of cards I will have to send next year since we will be banished from their lists).

I could say a lot about 2009, but then, I realize, I pretty much have blogged it all - the ups, the downs, the highs, the lows, the joys, the heartache. It's all in the 156 posts I wrote this year. I won't bore you with another recap. I'll just say this . . . life is good and life is hard, but through it all, grace abounds.


I am blessed with a wonderful wife who has been by my side the last 15 1/2 years. She works tirelessly, she loves her husband, she loves her boys, and she still shows more patience and mercy to people that I would casually ignore. She laughs with me, cries with me, and helps me find my keys, my glasses, and everything else that I have misplaced around the house.


I am blessed with 5 boys who show unconditional love. I have boys that still hug and kiss their dad in the morning when I leave for work and at night when they go to bed.


My oldest, Aidan, is developing a heart for the lost (and it humbles me).



My 2nd, Noah, has a tenderness and love for others . . . he is a brother and a good friend to many of all ages.


Tucker can use more words in a day than his mother (and that's not an easy task), but his observations of life through his eyes help me remember to be a child.


Cade is becoming my helper - and his ability to stick to the task improves each day.



And Titus teaches me to appreciate each day, to enjoy each breath, to rejoice in the small victories. His smile reminds me that all is ok with the world.


I am blessed to have family around that supports us weekly (and I'll be the first to admit that I don't show my appreciation like I should - so save this note since I know I don't say it enough).

I am blessed to have friends who love me and my family . . . friends who drop off food, friends who drop a note to say they are praying, friends who say nothing but pat me on the shoulder to let me know they care, friends who watch over the boys when Becky and I can't, and entire team of nurses, therapists, and doctors who care for all of us (not just Titus.)
I am blessed to have a church that constantly reminds me that it's not about me - it's about others. And they pray for us, love us, and care for us in more ways than I will probably ever know.

And most of all, I'm blessed to have a God who loves me so much that he would send his precious son as the sacrifice for my wretched life.

And so, I celebrate the birth of Christ. Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: