Saturday, May 29, 2010

Home Again

Titus was released this morning from the hospital. But we've learned, just because the doctor says your are free to go, you still have to wait for your discharge papers. So, several hours later, Titus and Becky were home.

I took Titus and walked into his room. And the moment, I stepped in his room, he "leaped" in my arms. Literally, he jumped/moved/shaked. He KNEW he was in his room. He KNEW he was home. And the smile on his face said it all - "it's good to be home".

He took a great nap this afternoon - and so did Becky and I. She layed down on one sofa and I layed down on the other one - and we both believe a bomb could have gone off next door and we would have slept through it. It was good to have some restful sleep.

Thank you for all your prayers, notes, phone calls, and visits. We so appreciate your kindness to us.

In many ways, these hospital visits are memorials for us. I can't walk into the halls of Medical City without thinking of all the months we spent there. Every time I ride the elevator and it stops at the 4th floor (NICU) or 5th floor (PICU), memories flood back. Every time I see a family get on the elevator from one of those floors, and I see the emotion on their face, I remember. The long hours spent in the quiet rooms listening to the sound of the monitors, watching my son struggle for his life are thoughts that will never leave me. They are a memorial - a remembrance of a time where God showed me that He has a plan, He is always faithful, He will carry me through.

As you celebrate Memorial Day this weekend, I challenge you to find the memorials in your life - those times that are marked with memories that have shaped you into the person you are today. And I challenge you to share those memories with your children, with your friends, with your family. If we don't, then those memorials will lose their meaning.

Joshua 4:21-24 states  "He said to the Israelites, "In the future when your descendants ask their fathers, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.'  For the LORD your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The LORD your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God.".

And last of all, remember our patriots who gave their life so that we may live free in America. May their memory never be forgotten, may their bravery be remembered, and may we tell our children that we live in a land of freedom because of the sacrifice of so many who were willing to serve, willing to fight, and willing to take a stand for what is right.

No comments: