Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy Week

Titus has had a good week at home. He has settled back into his routine, finished his meds, and his breathing is back to normal (well - normal for Titus). While he was in the hospital, his new play mat was delivered - and it's a wonderful thing to have a nice, thick mat on the floor for him to play on. But, the little man can roll himself off the mat if we aren't looking.



My surgery on my left foot is Wednesday morning. For some reason, I was convinced that a few days in bed is all that I would need for recovery, but after I looked at the list of heavy-duty pain pills that have been prescribed, I have the feeling this may be a little bit more intensive. The main concern I have is that I will be on crutches for a a few weeks - and this is going to make nighttime difficult since it will not be easy for me to get up and get to Titus' room - which means the burden is on Becky. A couple of nights of this is one thing, several weeks of this is another. Becky has suggested I just sleep in Titus' room as a quick remedy. She's already gotten the air mattress out.

Becky is also attending a Deaf-Blind conference at the end of the week. (And yes, I was suppose to go with her, but surgery kind of made a change in plans for us).

And last of all, I will be actively looking for a job over the next seven months. My company has been going through an HR Transformation project, and my job is being moved to India (but I'm not). Fortunately, they do not expect any changes till January 2011 which gives me plenty of time to locate a new position within my company or locate something elsewhere. (And based on how they are currently preparing for things, I could be around a lot longer). There are some new positions I can apply for, but will need to got through the entire interview process along with everyone else.

This Transformation project has been going on for the last several months, and the announcement did not catch me by surprise - frankly, I'm actually glad that the "mystery" is all over. The difficult part is that I work with some incredible people. We are one happy, dysfunctional family (but as we say, we put the "fun" in dysfunctional.) And that's what has bothered all of us knowing that we will all be going to new places - only a few are retaining their jobs in the USA.

So, if anyone is looking for an incredible, talented, (and humble) HR Director (or a whole HR Team), let me know! We do need to stay in the Dallas area, but any contacts or leads you can pass along will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: