Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Surgery Update

I am scheduled for surgery at 2:00 today. I will show up at 11am for them to do a blood test and see if my potassium has come back up. I did find out that 3 weeks ago when I had my physical, my potassium level was in the normal range. So - who knows, but we'll find out this morning. The anesthesiologist did not seem to concerned last night when I talked with him. If we do cancel surgery, the next available surgey date is July 14 - which is not feasible since Becky and I will be attending/speaking at the Growing Families Conference in Tulsa that weekend. (And the last thing anyone wants is me on hydrocodone speaking at a conference - no telling what I would say, but it would probably be pretty funny since those pills knock me for a loop.)

Whatever happens, I am at peace. If it's postponed, I'll live. Just knowing there is a solution provides some comfort.

I'll update later today - but will state now - I am not responsible for anything I may say or post if I'm on pain pills.

No comments: