Thursday, June 10, 2010

Surgery is DONE

First of all, thanks for all the prayers the last few days. I truly appreciate them.

I showed up at 11am yesterday for my 2pm surgery. They immediately took me back and test my blood for  my potassium level. And it was back to the normal range.

The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist told me he was going to give me something to relax me as they wheeled back to the operating room. He stated it was fast-acting, and I remember saying "ROCK ON" and then I was out.

The last 24 hours have been an adjustment of getting all the anesthesia out of my system and adjusting to the pain pills. I slept most of the day today - and I can't even remember when I slept that much.
There is still a lot of pain , but it's bearable. I have moved from taking pain pills back to every 5 hours instead of every 4 and that's working good for me.

But honestly, I'm not too coherent - so I'm going to sign-off before I write something unintelligable. Thanks again for the prayers.

No comments: