Wednesday, July 14, 2010

GFI National Conference

We head out tomorrow for Tulsa, OK for the Growing Families National conference. Becky and I will be speaking in 4 sessions and would really appreciate your prayers.

I'll be leading a session on 'Raising Daniels in a Technological Babylon: trainng your child on today's technology". I co-facilitated the session last year with Hank O last year, but unfortunately, he can't make it this year, so I'm doing it solo. It amazes me how much I have had to update the notes from last year's talk - so much has changed on the technological landscape. And my focus this year is more and more on the character training that needs to go on. Our children need to know how to 'resolve not to defile themselves (Daniel 1:8) in this ever-changing techno-world we live in.

Becky and I will also be speaking with our good friends, Mike and Jody K on 'Raising Kids with Character'. All 4 of us practiced last night and all I can say is, who knows what's going to come out of our mouths. Between the 4 of us (who ALL enjoy presenting) and our warped sense of humor, it promises to be a fun session. It's kind of like trying to fit a size 10 foot into a size 6 shoe. There's just so much info to share that we will squeeze it all in, but there's bound to be some spillage.

But most of all, we are looking forward to seeing good friends in Tulsa. This conference is one of the highlights for the year for us. And this year, all the boys (except for Noah) are going with us. Noah has rehearsal for the Kids Summer Musical this weekend (He is Mordecai in Ester-Ordinary Faith), so he will be staying in town.

We would appreciate your prayers as we travel and present at the conference. Our hearts are always to lead parents into knowledge on biblical parenting. And we so want to be encouragers since parenting is a tough task. 

And this Sunday, when we return, we will also begin our Growing Kids God's Way class in our home. God always amazes us on how he brings together the couples for this class and we are excited to lead this group of couples.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't know if I realized before that you were involved with Growing Kid's God's way, but I think that is wonderful. Years ago when we had several young children we listened over and over to the collection of cassette tapes that taught about that very topic from the Ezzos. Although we haven't followed their teaching strickly, we found many helpful tips that have helped us over the years...We just had our seventh child who is 9 months old.

Prayers for a wonderful, wisdom and laughter filled, blessed time.

With Hope,
Cheryl

To God be the glory... said...

I have got my nephews this week so their parents could come, but it appears they will not be able to make it. I pray your time is very blessed. I have taken the first course, but I know I would have benefited from get-a-ways like this one and more of the info.