Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Tucker


July is our celebration month - between Noah, Tucker, and my birthdays, and our wedding anniversary, it's a busy month for us.

So today, Tucker is 6! He's been so excited for the few months. And he has a fun day planned out with a behind-the-scenes tour at the movie theater and then going to see Toy Story 3. And, then he gets to go to his well checkup visit with the doctor. And I'm sure tonight, there will be plenty of cake to still eat (although he seems much more interested in opening presents that eating cake.)

Last week, Tucker and Cade were talking in the room and the conversation went like this.

Tucker: Cade
Tucker: CADE
Tucker: CAAAAADEEEEEEE!!!!!

Cade: What?

Tucker: What time is it?

Cade: Time for you to get a watch!

So, as you can see in the pic above, Tuck received a watch for his birthday from his Meemaw and Peepaw. He is very proud of it and loves to press all the buttons (although he is still not sure what all the buttons mean, but I know his mother will be teaching him how to set the timer very soon).

To my precious "Tucka", you have added much spice to our lives. Your energy astounds me (but that's cause I'm old), your athleticism amazes me, and your smile dazzles me. As my sanguine child, you make friends whereever you go. But at the end of the day, you are still my cuddle-bunny who still smothers me with kisses.

I say this every year, but I still pray for your birth mom and her peace. May she always know she gave you the most precious gift when she chose life for you, and she gave us the most selfless gift when she made an adoption plan for you.

I love you dearly Tucker Paul Jin.

No comments: