Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Noah

Noah is 12 today. We are out on Cedar Creek lake staying with friends at their lake house (as we have done for the last few years on the 4th of July weekend). Noah got up this morning ready for his early morning celebratory jet-ski ride with Mr. David. And, he's now out on the banana tube skidding all over the lake with Aidan, Madison, Bailey, and Tucker. Cade decided to stay on land.

And, I'm in the house with Titus. We decided I could probably get in the boat hopping on one foot, but getting me out could take an army, so I'm sitting in the house working on our presentations for the Growing Families conference in 2 weeks (and blogging).

But back to Noah.

My precious son - You have always been and still remain our firecracker. From the moment you decided to make your early (and very fast) arrival after the 4th of July parade, you have led your life at full speed. I have tried for years to find your speed and volume switch, but them seem to be permamently set to fast and loud.

Oh how you have changed this past year. You are now as tall as your mother and you can wear your father's shoes. Your voice has deepened (but is still very loud). I love how you play with your little brothers. You can be so sweet (and firm) putting them to bed or reading them a book or playing legos. You are incredibly tender with Titus. Titus face always lights up when you take his hand and have him touch your head. You and Aidan together still make me laugh. You can work beautifully together one minute, then holler at each other the next. You know exactly how to tease Aidan, and although he will never admit it, he loves it.

I love how you serve others. Watching you on Wednesday night helping serve / cleanup dinner at church blesses my heart. I see how you joke and love on the senior adults and I love how you know all their names. I love to see you run up to the younger boys and give them high-5's (and to see how those little boys light up because you know their name). It blesses your mother and I, when someone we don't even know comes up and tells how you helped out or served others. I love your diligence - when you set your mind to a task you carry it out to completion - much like you did with Bible Drill this year and ended up with a perfect score at state. My prayer is that you always keep that servants heart and maintain that diligence on your goals.

Oh, and my other prayer is that you learn that burping really loud will never attract a decent girl. I know that's not important when your 12, but trust me, when your 24 it will matter. (And it's something you need to work on now).

Happy Birthday son. I love you dearly.

No comments: