Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hey Buddy

Last night, the 4 oldest went camping. Becky called me to ask I wanted to meet her at Tin Star for $2/taco night. Of course, I said yes - I'm not going to pass up date night (or tacos).

While sitting in the restaurant with Titus in his new stroller, a man carrying a 9-month old, came up and said to Titus "Hey, Buddy".

He then got down on one knee and talked to Titus and introduced his little boy to him.

Can I tell you how much that meant to Becky and I?

We are learning that most people don't look a child in a wheelchair - or if they look at a child with obvious significant needs they may stare or turn away. But very rarely will they ever get on the child's level and speak to him. It warmed our heart that this complete stranger would take the time to do this - and not only speak to Titus, but show his young child how to acknowledge him.

As the man and his family left the restaurant that evening, they stopped by and talked to Titus again. And it made our evening complete.

BTW, Titus had pictures taken at the cranio-facial doctor's office several weeks ago. It's slightly ironic that some of the best pictures taken of him are at the doctor's office, but I had to show off his sweet smile.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a heartwarming story and a great reminder. Beautiful pictures of a very special boy :)

With Hope,
Cheryl

Jennifer said...

A very beautiful story indeed. I love reading what you post about all of your children but especially Titus.

Jennifer from CA