Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My First Day of School

My First Day of School
by Titus Daily

Today, I went to school for the first time. I have been to lots of therapy sessions, but this was different.

My mom and dad kept squeezing me and kissing me all morning and telling me it would be great. Mom drove me to school and dropped me off with my stroller with the teacher. The teacher took me to my new classroom. There are 2 other kids in my classroom. There are also 2 teacher's aides. They were all very nice to me. They sang us a song about coming to school, then read us a story. The put the books very close to my face so I could see and feel the book.

Mom showed up by then with some of my supplies and showed the teachers and nurses how to change my oxygen tank.

I then got to go to the outdoor playground. That was FUN! The teacher took me up into the little fort and let me spin the spindles, and then the teacher and I slid down the slide. I have never been on a slide before. I liked it.

We also went to the indoor play room, and I go to swing on the pommel horse. That is one of my favorite activities. And Miss Melinda, my vision therapist who has come to the house, was also there to see me. It made me feel good having a familiar person there.

Before I knew it, mom, Aidan, and Noah were there to pick me up and take me home. And, I was pretty tired. In fact, I fell asleep at the table.



I think I am really going to like my teacher and my school. I go back on Wednesday and Friday! But, I need to work on my endurance. I don't want to fall asleep in class when there is so much to do.

That's all for now. I gotta get ready to go to On The Border to celebrate my birthday and PeePaw's birthday!
Titus B

A note from Titus' Mom and Dad,
Thank you for all the prayers and notes of encouragement. We are thrilled and know that Titus will be in a place that will challenge him, teach him, and provide him new experiences. Our next big hurdle will be the day he starts riding the bus to school, but for now, we are content taking him and picking him up.

Here's a pic last night of Titus with Meemaw celebrating birthdays! He took a VERY long nap after coming home from school, but then was a 'live wire' at dinner and after we came home. At 10pm, he finally settled down and went to sleep.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

He keeps getting cuter! What a great day it sounds like he had at school. So happy for him....I can just picture him going down the slide! Yeah Titus!

With Hope,
Cheryl