Thursday, July 16, 2009

In Cleveland

Becky, Titus and I drove to Cleveland today. Titus has become quite the traveler, and did great on the 4 hour trip. He is now fast asleep in the hotel room.

Yesterday, we took Aidan, Noah, Tucker, and Cade to Shipshewanna, OH to visit the Flea Market, and tour the Amish country. We did a Amish buggy ride to one of the farms and then visited the Amish/Mennonite museum to learn about history and traditions of the Amish and Mennonites. It was very educational, but also an incredible lesson on how to live in the world but not of it.

Becky and I will be speaking the next two days at the Growing Families National Conference. We will speak together on one topic - "The Funnel: Open It? Close It?" and then Hank O and I will be delivering the technology workshop we have been working on. The staid title is "Technology and your children" but the catchy title is "Raising Daniels in a Technological Babylon". We would appreciate your prayers. We will be delivering each topic twice and truly pray for focus and for the hearts of those attending. We never want to provide a list of "do's and don'ts" but want to lead parents to think for themselves using Biblical principles.

And we are so enjoying being here with like-minded parents and good friends. I'm sure the nights will be long as we spend hours getting caught up (or, as Becky spends hours talking while I am trying to stay awake).

Last of all, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful wife. 15 years have flown by - we never would have dreamed the day we got married that we would be where we are today with 5 kids. It's been an incredible journey and there is no one else I would want to do this with. To my precious bride, you are an incredible wife, the best mother, and a gracious friend to so many. You are truly my Proverbs 31 women.

All my love, P

1 comment:

To God be the glory... said...

Happy 15th wedding anniversary to the both of you!

Is there really a Shipshewana in Ohio as well? I took my boys this last month to one in Indiana and had a great time visiting the museum and the community as well. It was a great experience. My 17 year old thinks being an Amish person would not be bad at all. Maybe I should give him a taste of what that life would be like while he is at home this summer.