Friday, January 8, 2010

Who's in the Car?

My wonderful wife has always stopped and picked people up on the side of the road. Now, I'm not talking hitchhikers off the highway, but people (mainly women) that she has seen walking in town during times of inclement weather. She knows this drives me crazy since I was always think "serial killer" when tells me she picked someone up, so through the years, she generally doesn't tell me, but the boys do.

Now, I'm not sure if you read the comments, but we got this comment last week after one such event.

"I met your wonderful wife Becky and 2 of your sons when they kindly stopped and picked me up an my 3 yeard old grandson as we were hurrying to get to the library with a load of books. It was just about dark when becky stopped for us. Aidan was such a gentleman - he helped me put the books in the book drop and then got in the back seat so I could sit in front. Tucker was so cute with the kitty in his lap and that great smile! By the time we arrived home it was pitch dark. It would have been a miserably cold and long walk home; I thank our angel for picking us up. You all are truly special people! Thanks again so very much Becky. "

So, I have to brag on my wife for her compassion and willingness to lend a hand.

Now, on the other hand, we are learning that our new kitten is becoming quite the stowaway in Becky's suburban. Last night, Becky had a Homeschool Enrichment meeting across town, and was almost there when she heard a tiny "meow" in the backseat. Sure enough, there was Buttercup in the backseat. Now, I know dogs love to go for a ride in the car, but I have never seen a cat who is so excited about going for a drive. Since it was frigidly cold (and she couldn't really tie a cat to the bumper while she was in her meeting), I had to jump in the car and go pick up the cat. So now, our new routine before we leave is to make sure Buttercup is NOT in the car.

No comments: