Friday, February 20, 2009

Urgent Prayer Requests

There are times you just need to call people to prayer.

So, here you go.

As I type, Titus is playing in his crib (and really gassy). He's happy and been playing most of the afternoon. To look at him, you would problaby wonder why he is in the PICU. The doctors are not sure what to do about him and what is causing these sporadic apnea issues. One of the doctors today asked me if we were opposed to a trach. Becky and I have talked about it - it's not that we are opposed to a trach - we've just worked so hard over the last 15 months to avoid it. But we want what is best for Titus for him to grow and develop. And the doctors don't want to rush into a trach either if there is something that is causing this episodes that can be corrected. We know a trach isn't forever - but it's like the g-tube: once you get it, you are going to live with it for awhile.

So here's my prayer request: please pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctors to determine the cause. And pray for healing for Titus - that this apnea episodes will stop.

Secondly, Becky and I are re-financing the house. We closed yesterday, and now one of the lenders is stalling based on verification of employment due to they can't find my work number on the internet. Our offices recently moved, so superpages.com isn't up-to-date. And there's not a whole lot I can do about that. But, if they will just pick up the phone and call directory assistance, they will get exactly what they are looking for - verification that the address matches the phone number. It seems absurd to me that any company would rely solely on the internet for 100% accuracy (because "isn't everything on the internet true!" - and yes, that's my VERY sarcastic side coming out).

So, please pray that by Tuesday morning, this whole refinance mess will be resolved. It can be if they will just pick up the phone instead of relying on the internet.

And, as I type, I am realizing how worked up I am about this (I've spouted off to anyone who will listen to me this afternoon). And now I realize, isn't it amazing how passionate and worked up I can get about such a trivial/silly issue of internet validation. And there are people, right down the hall who are scared to death their child might die, fearful of all sort of scary diseases, and unaware of a need of a Saviour. And I sit here having a pity party because some loan agency wants everything on the internet to be true/accurate.

So, thirdly, you can pray for me - and that I would look outside of myself to matters that really matter. Gee - 5 minutes ago I was furious and now I sit here humbled. I give. . .

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I just read your post to my husband, and he mentioned how easy it is to go on the internet and immediately create a company and a phone number, both of which would be completely bogus. His point being how silly it seems for a lender to think of internet info as God's gospel, when a phone call is much more reliable.
Also, I can sympathize with you on this apnea issue. It's so frustrating. On the one hand, we as parents like it when a test comes back negative. On the other hand, gosh, until something comes back positive, there never seems to be an answer. Praying for you all.

Anita said...

Paul and Becky
I have been praying all week for the doctors to have the wisdom on how to deal with this!! Satan can not come and steal kill and destroy anymore!!! He was defeated by Christ and is put into rememberence that his power is removed. The blood of Jesus is Titus' covering.

May you both be strengthened and may your rest be peaceful and productive to your body!