Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dad is Coming Home

After 57 days at Parkland/Zale Lipshy, Dad is being released to go home today. He is so excited (and so is Mom). He will spend several weeks at home in the wheelchair, then will go back for therapy for walking after they are assured all the bones are healed.

This week, when my tank was leaking under the aquarium, my first thought was "where is my dad?" He would know how to fix this in a split-second (or 5-minute job as he would call it - that would generally turn into an all day job). But then I thought, Dad didn't raise me to watch, he raised me to do - so I thought - what would Dad do with a leaky tank. And I took action. Now, it ain't pretty, but it's functional and it's fixed. I think Dad would be proud! And, I'm proud of my Dad who has endured the last 57 days. I know he can't wait to get home tonight and have his bowl of ice cream before bed time (his frozen bottle as we would call it).

Secondly, I have mentioned Ethan C several times before. He's the teenager who was in the PICU with Titus at Medical City. Ethan is still there, but we got the call last night that he is having surgery today at noon to replace his pacemaker. If all goes well, he should be able to go home soon. This is so encouraging since that morning, they stated surgery may not happen for several more weeks. The surgeon had a cancellation and was able to slot Ethan in today. Please continue to pray for Ethan and his family.

No comments: