Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old - Part 1

Ever have just one of those days?

After an incredibly busy day at work, I come home to find the tank the sump pump is in for the aquarium is leaking. It takes a little ingenuity, but I get the tank drained and everything dried out.

Meanwhile, all of the boys are running on extra energy and could barely stay in their seats at dinner. And, Titus joined us at the dinner table! We put him the high chair for the first time (it was reclined a bit) and he loved being up at the same level as the rest of us. It was such a joy to have all 7 of us around the table.

After dinner, Becky and I are catching up and the phone rings. I jump up and run down the hall to get the phone, except that I didn't make the corner in the hall. The next thing I know, my feet are going up in the air, my shoulder hits the wall as my hip hits the floor - and as they use to say "fatboy is down".

Aidan answers the phone- it's for me - and Aidan says "dad's fallen and he can't get up".

Yep - I'm officially old.

No comments: