Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old - Part 2

Last week when we got the call that Titus could come home from the hospital, we had to arrange to get Becky's suburban to me since I didn't have any oxygen in my car or the car seat.

Becky's mom, Nana, brought the car down to my office. Since my cell phone was acting up, Nana came into the office and asked the receptionist to page me. I come out, Nana and I exchange keys, and I walk back into the office.

And, my platinum blonde receptionist asks, "Is that your wife?"

"NO", I replied, "That's my mother-in-law!"

Yep - officially old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I sit chuckling, I think of various similar experiences. Mainly, I am thinking it took you a while to get here with the rest of us. Second, at least it wasn't in front of 30 or so kids that see you as an authority figure.

Sounds like a fun dinner! It is one that your boys will remember for a long time & bring up at times that you need to be humbled & harassed.

Beaver said...

Are you saying your mother-in-law is old? ;-)