Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Surreal

Last night, while eating Indian food at the hotel restaurant, a cello and electric guitar starting playing in the lobby. My first thought was that was an interesting combination of musical instruments, but they were quite talented. As we listened, the music sounded very familiar. And then the words of the song hit me - "I'm on the Top of the World looking down on creation . . . ". Yes, it was the Carpenters "Top of the World". I don't think I've heard that song since I played it on my 8-track player in the 70's. And then they followed it up with "Oh Shenadoah".

Let's just say, it was bit surreal hearing American folk music considering the surroundings.

The office is convinced they are going to get us out of the building today so we can sight-see and go shopping. We'll see how that goes.



The reflecting pools surround the pool which is down the steps. If I open my curtains in my room, the reflecting pools are right up to the edge. Every morning, they clean out any leaves or flowers that may have fallen in the pools. Let's just say, I wasn't expecting to open my curtains in the morning and see the maintenance guy in his waders right outside my window picking up leaves in the pool (and I don't think he was expecting to see me there in my PJs.


No comments: